This workshop focuses on numerical methods for spectral problems involving differential operators both from the theoretical and applications point of view. Workshop topics include, but are not limited to, finite element methods, rigorous error bounds for eigenvalue problems, and spectral geometry.
This workshop is supported by RIMS, Kyoto University, Japan. LINK (RIMS共同研究(公開型), 2019).
Venue and date
The workshop will be held on September 2~4, 2019, at RIMS, Kyoto University, Japan.
- ▪September 1: Welcome party
- ▪September 2: Regular sessions and banquet in the evening
- ▪September 3: Regular sessions and local excursion in the evening
- ▪September 4: Regular sessions until 12:00
The regsitration will be available on September 1 along with a welcome party at evening.
There will be also a mini-symposium on September 1 at Kyoto University with topic on verified computing and computer-assisted proof. The detail will be announced on July.
- ▪No registration fee for this workshop.
- ▪The participants to attend the welcome party and banquest shall pay the fee. The detail will be announced around July.
(order by length of name and affiliation)
- ▪Daniele Boffi, University of Pavia, Italy
- ▪Peter Monk, University of Delaware, USA
- ▪Shin'ichi Oishi, Waseda University, Japan
- ▪Michael Plum, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
- ▪Jiachang Sun, Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- ▪Early registration deadline for participants requiring Japanese visa: April 15, 2019
- ▪Registration and abstract submission deadline: June 23 June 30, 2019
(If you cannot submit the abstract before the deadline, please contact Liu directly.)
- ▪Confirmation of acceptance: June 30 July 15, 2019
- ▪Online registration by SmartChair LINK
- ▪Most of presentations are inivited ones. We also accept limited number of contributed talks.
- ▪Xuefeng LIU (Niigata University), HP
- ▪Mitsuhiro NAKAO (Waseda University/Kyusyu University)
- ▪Shin'ichi OISHI (Waseda University)
- ▪Nilima Nigam @ Simon Fraser University, Canada
- ▪Jeffrey Ovall @ Portland State University, USA
- ▪Tomas Vejchodsky @ Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic
- ▪Shinya Miyajima @ Iwate University, Japan
- ▪Xuefeng LIU @ Niigata University, Japan
Last updated: June 26, 2019